Water with cucumber has been served at day spas and health clubs all over the world for decades, mostly due to its health benefits and refreshingly great taste.
In this article, we’ll discuss benefits of cucumber water, and I’ve also included 15 different cucumber water recipes to add some variety and give you some recipe ideas.
Here’s what cucumber water can do for you:
- Flushes Out Toxins – The high water content in cucumbers helps to flush out harmful toxins from the body. When consumed regularly, it can dissolve kidney stones.
- Vitamins & Minerals – Drinking water that contains cucumber’s vitamins and minerals fulfills a good portion of your nutritional requirements.
- Fights Cancer- The cucurbitacins in cucumber block the molecules that trigger uncontrollable cell division. Lignans also help to fight estrogen-related cancers such as breast, ovary, uterus, and prostate cancer .
- Hydrates You- Sipping on cucumber water breaks the monotony of drinking regular water and keeps you hydrated all the time. Proper hydration helps to keep your cells turgid and active.
- Helps To Lose Weight- Cucumber is loaded with nutrients and water. It helps to curb your appetite and gives you a feeling of satiety. Hence you tend to eat less.
- Supports Digestion- A healthy digestive system keeps many health problems (indigestion, gastritis, etc.) at bay. Cucumber infused water helps to maintain good digestion due to its high dietary fiber content.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – The vitamins and minerals present in cucumber regulate and maintain normal blood pressure.
- Improves Brain Health – Fisetin is an anti-inflammatory flavanol found in cucumber that helps to improve brain function and memory.
- Improves Skin & Muscle Health- Silica present in cucumber helps to improve skin and muscles.
15 Cucumber Water Recipes
1. Original Cucumber Water
Basic cucumber water tastes amazing and is so simple to make. Just slice your cucumber- about 1/2 to 1 whole cucumber- place them in a 1/2 gallon mason jar filled with water.
Add ice to help hold the cucumber under the water if you like. Place the cucumber water in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours, but overnight is best.
2. Cucumber and Lemon Water
If you want something a little different try adding lemon, lime or orange slices to your cucumber water.
The added citrus will boost the flavor plus add nutrients, such as Vitamin C, to your cucumber water. Simply slice 1 of your citrus fruit to the cucumber water and leave in your fridge overnight.
3. Cucumber and Mint Water
Adding mint to your water will give your cucumber water a fresh zing.
Mint can help aid in digestion, sooth allergies, and has antioxidant properties and other trace nutrients. Just add a few leaves of fresh mint to your water along with your cucumbers.
4. Cucumber, Strawberry & Lime Water
Want to fancy up your infused water even more? Try adding multiple layers such as this cucumber, lime, and strawberry water. Sweet, sour, and fresh all at once.
5. Green Grapes Cucumber Water
Thinly slice the cucumber and lime and put them in a mason jar. Cut the grapes in half and throw them in the jar. Add water and refrigerate.
Sprinkle a pinch of freshly ground pepper just before drinking.
6. Cucumber Basil Water
This beautiful herb pairs beautifully in cucumber water. Add a handful of fresh basil leaves to your cucumber water.
You can also add and a few lemon or lime slices if you wish.
7. Cucumber Melon Water
Watermelon isn’t the only melon around. Try adding honey dew or cantaloupe melon- or both- to your cucumber water for extra sweetness and freshness. Add about a cup of melon total to your cucumber water before setting overnight.
8. Watermelon and Cucumber Water
Adding watermelon to your cucumber water will add sweetness and keep you refilling your cup all day long. Dice up about 1 cup of watermelon and add it to your jar along with the cucumber. Try adding some lemon to boost the flavor as well.
9. Cucumber and Lavender Water
Need to relax after a long day? Try adding some lavender blossoms to your cucumber water! Lavender has too many health benefits to mention- but adding just a teaspoon or two to your water will add an additional layer of flavor you will love.
10. Rosemary Cucumber Water
Rosemary is full of vitamin C, iron and calcium, so why not throw a few sprigs into your pitcher? You’ll get all of the benefits of cucumber and rosemary plus stay hydrated all day long.
11. Cucumber, Tangerine and Thyme Water
Tangerine adds a new citrus flavor to your cucumber water in this recipe. If thyme isn’t your cup of tea feel free to switch it out with another herb of choice such as mint, basil, or rosemary.
12. Cucumber Lemon Cilantro Water
I know….cilantro is one of those love it or hate it herbs. But if you are in the love it camp, this water combo will soon be a favorite.
13. Ginger, Apple, Cucumber Water
Cucumbers flush toxins, apples curb your appetite and ginger boosts your metabolism.
14. Pomegranate, Lemon, and Cucumber Water
Now this is a winning combination. Superfood pomegranate pairs with the vitamins and minerals in cucumber and lemon into one delicious drink.
Get the recipe for this super cucumber water– you’ll feel energized in no time!
15. Cucumber Lemongrass Water
Combining cucumber with lemongrass will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed. All you need is a stalk of lemon grass, a cucumber, and some water!
Don’t forget to share or pin – the buttons are right here!