As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The links below may be affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Do you have a holiday coming up and you look in the mirror and realize you could do with losing a few extra lbs?
Starting off can be difficult, but if you use your imagination – I blended my soup – you can get a bit of a variety.
You can purchase pre-cut veggies if you like, because otherwise, there is a lot of chopping involved.
If you add noodles to this soup, you can have this for dinner which is really tasty and then it doesn’t seem so much of a diet.
- How I lost 23lbs in 7 days with water fasting
- The Boiled Egg Diet: How to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
- 15 Best Weight Loss Foods To Eat
- Keto with Intermittent Fasting
- Lemon Detox Diet
This soup is a traditional meal for my Grandfather. He loves it, and my Grandmother adds mushrooms, noodles and corn to give it a bit of a twist.
If you manage to stick to this diet, you’ll come to see that it aids in rapid weight loss.
Although, it seems to be that if you do this diet, you’d have to do another diet straight after, or stick to it for longer due to the fact that the weight you’ll lose will mostly be water weight.
This means it will more than likely be gained back as soon as you return to your normal diet.
Overall, it is a great diet for a detox cleanse, or just to give your taste buds a bit of a break.
Once you’ve completed the diet, you should then wait another couple of months before doing it again.
I have made a list of what you should be consuming on this diet for the next 7 days.
Day One: Eat as much cabbage soup as you like. Eat fruits low in sugar, avoiding bananas. Melon and apples are recommended.
Day Two: As much cabbage soup as you’d like with vegetables. Green vegetables are recommended. Avoid starchy vegetables.
Day Three: Eat as much cabbage soup as you like with both fruit and vegetables. Avoid starchy vegetables and bananas.
Day Four: Eat as much cabbage soup as you’d like with bananas and a few cups of skim milk.
Day Five: Eat as much cabbage soup as you’d like with some protein. Turkey, fish or skinless chicken breast are recommended.
Day Six: Eat as much cabbage soup as you’d like with beef and vegetables.
Day Seven: YOU MADE IT! Eat as much cabbage soup as you’d like with brown rice, vegetables and unsweetened fruit juices.
- 1 large onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 5 garlic cloves
- 6 celery stalks
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp oregano
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Warm some olive oil over a medium/high heat in a large pot.
- Cook the peppers, onions and celery until translucent.
- Add the oregano, red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant,
- Add your chosen stock, diced tomatoes and cabbage.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
- Season with salt (optional) and enjoy!